There is exactly one more week until our big concert set for Sunday, June 26th at 4:30pm! Come to the historic Howland Cultural Center to join us for a very unique afternoon.
We have heard from a lot of you that you already have your tickets! That’s wonderful and we look forward to seeing you next Sunday afternoon!
If you haven’t reserved your spot for this very unique event, we wouldn’t want you to miss out, as ticket sales are gaining a lot of speed! Remember, you save $5 per ticket by ordering them in advance online.
$20 advance | $25 at the door
Here are more reasons and sneak-peek-teasers as to why you won’t want to miss this special show!
- We are covering three periods of history. You will hear music from the Medieval, Renaissance and Baroque eras!
- You will also be able to listen to our master of ceremonies who will give some history about the music and fashion– and you can see the costumes to understand what the fashion trends were during those centuries!
- We have grown up to an octet for this concert, which is thrilling!
- We have not one, not two, but three amazing accompanists this time!
- You will hear up to eleven different instruments!
- You will hear pieces sung in six different languages!
- To mix up the program, we will have full ensembles, quintets, quartets, trios, duets and solos and instrumentals!
- There will be more emphasis on male voices than in our past concerts!
- If Monteverdi and Purcell are two of your favorite composers, then this is a concert not to be missed!
- We have six costumes sewn by our founder– two Medieval, two Renaissance and two Baroque costumes have been designed and constructed specifically for this performance using bits and pieces from local thrift stores and through donations given to us.
- We are performing in a historic building in Beacon that is a true gem as a venue— and the bonus is that there is an art show on the walls of the performance space that you can also enjoy from your seats.
- The carefully curated music offers varied tempos, volumes and emotions, covering everything from cheerful celebration with wine and dance to love to sadness and despair in much the same way as music composed today.
So, as you know realize, there are many reasons not to miss this particular event!
Remember, if there are any tickets left on Sunday, you can still take a chance and purchase one at the door for $5 more.